not a clue

jamespbutton

Re: not a clue

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:56 am

My first ever experience of the miracle of 'post and solve'. Twenty minutes ago I was a pile of despair to the point that I was actually considering doing some work ;)

JG

Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:28 pm

I don't know if other websites have a P&S function, but it's always flourished with the Donkey!

jvann0902

Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:25 am

I have found at least four different paths following the guidelines, but none of them form a complete thought...even after flipping it the other way around. Either there's a fifth path I haven't found yet or I'm clearly doing something wrong. Can someone help?

lizziel

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:01 pm

Well I have been doing this one for months and still haven't worked it out.

girlnamedgo

Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:00 pm

I would really appreciate a pm if anyone would care to help me? I've been stuck for months, I can't find any logical way across the grid at all. Even the old post and solve trick hasn't worked, it's so frustrating!
:roll:

lizziel

Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:24 pm

I finally worked out how to do it but it took me months. I have copied and pasted my reply that I put in the other thread about this puzzle - hope it helps :) If you try this and still have a problem let me know and I will try to think of another clue to help you out.

"I too spent months on this one.

You need to find a continuous path that passes through all the letters - only horizontal or vertical moves - and letters that have the same colour background square cannot be next to each other in that path. Use the write on facility to help work out the available paths and remember the rule about the coloured squares. There are several different routes the path can follow.

Once I had found all the paths you need to think of a different way to display the path and looking at the puzzle should give you a clue as to the best way to do that.

If you find the right way to display your path you will find a question that needs to be answered.

Certainly not the easiest of puzzles - displaying your chosen route in the right way is the key."

lizziel

Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:26 pm

The path you take doesn't necessarily have to start at one side and end up at the other side - it can meander around- as long as all the letters are used and you remember the rule about the coloured squares.

girlnamedgo

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:12 am

I understand what I'm meant to do - my problem is I can't do it! :roll: There's obviously a solution and it's just irritating me that I can't manage to find it :lol:

gordon

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:02 am

Have you worked out where the path starts and ends?

If so, start by swapping the letters as you go, and trying extending both ends at the same time, swapping letters as you go. If you can guess the first and second words, you can start to make good progress.

ecfcgirl

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:42 pm

I'm obviously not getting any wiser as I get older as I really have no idea on this one.

Been looking at it all weekend on and off and I'm still here. Even my husband and son have no idea, not that I expected them to but it was a last resort!

I've tried to find a credible string of letters through this grid, tried random strings and swapped letters for other letters and I'm getting no sense whatsoever, in any way shape of form.

Brute force isn't helping either which means maybe there's a proper noun in there which isn't a word in the dictionary maybe?

I'm hoping post and solve will help or at least give me some sort of clue as I read back my ramblings.....

I remember now why I gave up the first time on PD. (The second time it just disappeared one day, not my fault)

Return to “Puzzle 17 - pu ti hcnurcS”